RE: [IP] medic alert bracelets

Jocelyn Robinson [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> As an athlete, still young (12) there
> are requirements in every sport program both in and out of school that
> ALL jewelry must be removed for both practices and games.

In soccer, jewelry is defined as items that are primarily for adornment.  A
MedicAlert bracelet is *NOT* jewelry, and I wear mine when I'm refereeing a
match.  I do tape it down so it's not flopping all over (leaving the emblem
exposed).  I suggest that players do the same so that it is not a hazard to
either themselves or other players (I keep tape handy in case a player needs

Jim Handsfield