Re: [IP] Medic Alert Bracelets

Just want to clarify something I've noticed about this

Medic Alert is a Brand Name.  It is (I believe, but
not sure) a foundation.  They are located in
California.  You sign up once and pay a fee and they
have you forever in their database.  You receive a
member number and your information is kept under that
number.  There is a fee to update your information and
you have to pay to get a new bracelet/necklace and/or
ID card with any new information on it.  Your member
number is engraved on the medallion along with their
phone number with instructions to call collect.  Mine
says Diabetes Insulin Dependent.  If whomever finds me
calls them, they will be told to look for a pump.

There is other medical identification jewelry you can
purchase from other places, such as those that are
found at Lauren's Hope web site.

Each of us has different needs and budgets.

I've often thought about purchasing a key chain with
DIABETES printed in bright red.  But, then again, I
don't want my car insurance to go up needlessly! :-)

THANKS for the clear nail polish idea!  Now I just
have to figure out how to get the red back on...
think red nail polish might work?  I tried permanent
marker, but it wore off too.

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?