Re: [IP] Medic Alert Bracelet

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:36:06 -0700 (PDT), gail in denver wrote:
<snip>The only thing I don't like about my bracelet is that
<the red has again worn off the 3rd one I've owned and
<the engraving is REALLY small and hard to read.  Not
<much distinction between bracelet and engraving.

I've been wearing stainless steel Medic Alert bracelets (from Medic Alert
Foundation) for about 25 years. I would still be on my second one if it
weren't for wanting to get the pump included in what's engraved. I had
trouble with the red wearing off the first one, and somewhere I picked up
the suggestion to apply clear nail polish. That worked for about 20 years
with the second bracelet. When one coating of nail polish starts to wear
off, you just use nail polish remover and then start over with the nail

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000