[IP] K-Mart/Wal-Mart and alarm systems

Personally, I have never had a problem with any
Wal-Mart, K-Mart, or other similar alarm system (and
my pump has been in those type of stores from various
places from Washington state to Maine to Florida to
Utah (literally) as well as many places inbetween.
The only place that I consistently set off the alarm
system was the one specific library at the university
I went to (the other libraries within the university
never did it, just the one I frequented close to
daily).  After going through my backpack several
times, I would get waved through (everyone knew me by
name).  At some point towards the end of my college
career, they changed something, and I no longer set it

As far as price goes, I don't think that has anything
to do with anything.  It is the people who work,
manage, and frequent the places that make it
"difficult" for people with disablities to go to.  My
worst experience with how people treated me was in a
"nice" (i.e. expensive) hotel.  In my experience lack
of money doesn't necessarily mean you'll get rudeness,
nor does money mean you will get the treatment you

I am very sorry that happened to you and your son.  It
does hurt to be treated like that.

Do you Yahoo!?