[IP] RE Airport screening -- a new twist

>Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 01:29:47 EDT
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: Re: [IP] Airport screening -- a new twist

>Hey Sheri,  My advice is to wear the pump where it does not show.  Josh was
>never even stopped or questioned and he never set off any airport alarms of
>any kind, including the special 'explosive' screening device at the FL
>airport and he had the pump on him at all times. They won't questions what
>they don't see.  And believe me we were ready for anything!!!

Basically sound advice, but unlikely to help post 9/11.  I find most
airports now use the hand magnetometers as well as the screening gates.
When they start to do the hand thing I just mention that I have an insulin
pump in my pocket.  When the wand beeps I pull it out.  They all seem to
recognize it and are happy.

I think its more important to were shoes that are easy to get back on.  I
hate it when they make you send them through the x-ray machine.