Re: [IP] Medic Alert Bracelet

I went to the Lauren's Hope website and saw this

"Although your bracelet is made out of 14K gold filled
and sterling silver beads, it is still strung on
jewelry wire. Therefore, it is NOT recommended that
you wear it while swimming or showering."

They are pretty and probably should be treated as a
"dress-up" medic alert - rather than the wear it 24/7
kind as I have for over 30 years.  (My parents signed
me up as soon as I was diagnosed).

I never EVER go without my medic alert bracelet.  The
only time I've ever removed it was while in the
hospital for medical tests.  Even then it made me
nervous to be without.

The only thing I don't like about my bracelet is that
the red has again worn off the 3rd one I've owned and
the engraving is REALLY small and hard to read.  Not
much distinction between bracelet and engraving.  But,
the paramedics who were here last night said it
doesn't matter - as long as I have it on they will
figure it out, so I shouldn't complain.

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?