Sorry you had such a rough time at both stores!  I usually never go to Kmart,
but frequently shop at Walmart.

I have never had a problem walking in or out of any store that has the
security scanners in the front.  And actually the town I live in the Kmart is
SO small and hardly has anything you ever need, if I do go to Kmart, I always
drive in to the next town (which is about the same distance as the one in
town) and they have everything!

I did buy something at the store in Fenton and returned it to the store in
Grand Blanc and when asked why I was returning it, I told them I had found it
somewhere else cheaper, and the guy proceeded to tell me that he was
surprised because Kmart was the ONLY store to sell that brand (Totally not
true) and that stuff in Fenton was more expenxive (yet again a lie)!!  So I
have outdone with Kmart for that reason!

Better luck next time!!