Re: [IP] Re: Shopping a KMART and WALMART BEWARE

I also had a rather good experience at my local Walmart.  On a hot summer
afternoon, I had taken my small medport bag that I carried my insulin in the
cold pack side and my meter, strips, site changes, etc with into the store
with me because I didn't want to leave it in the car with the heat.  When I
got to the register-I realized that it was no longer in the cart where I had
put it.  Right away the cashier notified security and immediately the entire
store was put in a lock down.  They locked all outside exit doors until it
was found.  They found the bag within a couple minutes, and it had been
rifled through, but nothing stolen-which surprised me because there were a
couple syringes in there too just in case.  I learned my lesson and now keep
the straps wrapped and buckled around the edge of the cart so that it can't
be lifted while I turn to take something off the shelf.
 I also have never had my pump set off any alarms, except for once in an
airport after security issues were tightened, but they never gave me a
problem with it.

aka Mouse