[IP] Re: Mini Gushers

In a message dated 10/15/02 9:46:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .    When the lancet pierced his finger,  it was like it
> exploded.   Blood splattered two feet away in 20 different directions
> at once!    Sure shook up the prissy nurse ---  she probably spent
> hours disinfecting the office after my quick wipeup before we left.
> Sincerely,

Oh Babara this was so funny.  Cory has had that happen a few times too.  But
your story regarding the prissy nurse reminded me of a time when I was in the
clinic and a child who had a nose bleed was coming from his classroom to the
clinic.  The school secretary made the 2 kids who had diabetes and were in
the clinic doing a prelunch check leave the clinic.  Then she ran through the
office and up and down the hallway yelling, "We have a bleeder coming,
everybody stay back."  I mean she was YELLING and seemed to be very alarmed.
I had a vision of a child coming who had blood squiriting everywhere.  When
the poor frightened student finally arrived at the clinic he had a tissue
held tightly over his nose and there was no visible sign of blood!   This
goes to show the fear that some people have of blood.  Naturally, no one
wants to get someone else's body fluids on them, but this is going way