Subject: [IP] Re:basal rates and pregnancy

email @ redacted wrote:

I found out recently that I'm 4 weeks pregnant, and so far my basals have
gone up about 15%. I'm worried that it will be very hard to manage bs
this time. I'm testing every 1-2 hours. I'd like to hear from others who
gone through or are going through pregnancy regarding how their insulin
requirements changed during the course of pg. Thanks.
My daughter is now almost 14 months.  During my pregnancy, my insulin
requirements just about tripled.  It's not hard to manage, but there are a
lot of bg tests and a lot of adjustments.  Just stick close to your
medical team, and they should guide you through most of it.

One of the things I thought was going to be difficult was adjusting my
basals after delivery.  I wore my pump into the c-section, cut my basals
in half and didn't have any problems.  Good luck.  Feel free to email me
if you have any other questions.

email @ redacted

Do you Yahoo!?