Re: [IP] basal rates and pregnancy

I have to tell you guys a very encouraging story about
a pumper friend of mine who just had a baby 2 1/2wks
ago. She did as you all are doing and kept very tight
control of her bgs during her pgcy (which was her
first) with A1c's in the high 4's to mid-5's. Her labor
was induced 1 1/2wks early after a very normal
pregnancy (other than the diabetes and constant bg
checks and basal changes, etc). She had no problems
(like pre-eclampsia, etc) during the pgcy and delivered
a perfectly healthy little red-haired girl named Chloe,
weighing in at a nice 7 1/2 lbs and almost 19" long. :)
She said she wore her pump during the delivery (no
csec) and is breastfeeding. I think she said her labor
was ~9hrs, not bad for a first-timer. Just had to
share! I was very encouraged by this...it gives me a
lot of hope for my daughter when she is old enough to
have children. I hope it encourages you as well!

Take care, Kerri
Join me in the Parents of Pumpers chat, Saturdays @
6:30pm Pacific/9:30pm Eastern in the Parents chatroom,
Insulin Pumpers website www.insulin-pumpers.org
Chapman [Heaven's Here on Earth, 1994]