[IP] RE: highs after exercise

Hi Cynthia-
If I exercise in the afternoon, I find I have to either decrease my basals before exercise or eat extra carbs.  But, if I exercise in the AM, right after waking up and before breakfast, I find if I exercise I tend to stay at the same BS or increase a little bit (without lowering basals or eating carbs).  I think it has to do with the "get out of bed" rise in blood sugars some people report upon awakening or the fact that we tend to be more insulin resistant in the morning.  Maybe you could try exercising without drinking juice and carefully monitoring your blood sugar to see what happens! It works for me!
Cynthia wrote:
Hi all...I have been on a new exercise routine for a
week now and I seem to be getting high blood sugars
after I exercise....I then checked my blood sugar
before eating breakfast and I was 223! What should I
be doing differently?  Blessings, C. >>

Do you Yahoo!?