Re: [IP] Chicken pox and sites

> My little pumper has developed chicken pox (finally!).  I know this
> isn't something that many of you have had to deal with, but if
> anyone reading this can offer their views, I'd appreciate it.
>       On Tuesday she is due to have her site changed and there are
>       quite a
> few little red poxes all around the area we have to use for a new
> site.  There will probably be many more quite soon, as we are only
> at the 30 hour mark from the onset of fever.  Are these poxes liable
> to get infected or worsen if the adhesive of the set covers them?
> Of course, I'll try to insert in an area that is clear as possible.
>  Will the IV prep sting and bother the poxes?  Thanks for any
> advice.

Depending on how long the site has been in place, if it's working,
now may be one of those times where it might be nice to leave it in
place another day or two and just change the cartridge and tubing. A
careful watch on her bg's might get her by without a set change for a
few days, perhaps long enough for her poor skin to recover a little.
If there are areas of her body that are not as affected, perhaps now
is a good time to use a bottom or thigh. These are  just
possibilities, you and your medical team will have to make the final