[IP] Third Watch/GlucoWatch

On 10/15/02 11:15 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Did anyone see the episode of Third watch last night?  It had a 12 year old
> boy with Diabetes, who went missing.  His mom kept stressing he never takes
> off afterschool cause he has Diabetes and he knows he can't miss a meal or
> his meds or he'll get really sick.  They found him 3-4 four hours later
> stuck in a air shaft off the top of a building.  He was semi-unconsious and
> by the time they got to him( still in the air shaft) they went to give him
> some Glucagon(didn't say what it was though) and he started seizing.  He
> survived. Many times the mom and parmedics REALLY stressed the need to find
> him ASAP because he has diabetes and needs medication/food.  It also
> mentioned a few times that he wears a bracelet thing( at first I thought
> they meant a medic alert), and at the very end showed a quick glimpse of
> what I assume is a "tv" glucowatch.
> Summer ( dx'd at age 4)

Ironic this kid had one when they weren't even allowed for Peds at the time
of filming, and odd that he had one of these when many others can't get the

Also odd that he had that Glucowatch googah and NOT an insulin Pump!

Anything's possible in the dang script!

-- I have an iBook and am not afraid to use it!

Jenny Sutherland