Re: [IP] advice for job interview that includes lunch?

> ""John Tyndall" <email @ redacted> writes:
> Your prospective employer will have more respect for you and know you're
caring for yourself if you're honest and up-front at the interview.  No
surprises after hire.  Joanne""
> I have been reading this thread and an odd thought crossed my mind - what
if the employer had done some basic reference checking prior to the
interview - and already KNOWS about the diabets and is curious as to whether
you ARE going to reveal it or not? Hence a lunch interview.
> Linda & Dax

I was just filling out a job application  that had the definition below:

A person with a disability means any person who (1) has a physical or
mental impairment which substantially limits one or more of such persons
major life activities, (2) has a record of such impairment or (3) is
regarded as having such an impairment.

I don't consider diabetes to substantially limit  my activities so I
wouldn't call it a disability. Hence, the employer has no right to be
informed about it. Personally, I would act the way I always do in a business
environment. I'd wear it attached to my belt, and I'd bolus in front of
everyone after I counted my carbos.