[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #698

I have the FreeStyle meter, infact I have had mine for 3 yrs, I have had no
problems at all.  I had to send the first one back, but only because I
dropped it off a tall counter onto a concrete floor and tried to catch it
first, which I didn't, but that made the drop even harder.  When I called
Thereasense, the FreeStyle manufacturer, to order a replacement (since they
weren't in many stores yet) I was told the meters had a 5 yr warrentee and
mine would be replaced for free, even though I had broken it, it was still
As far as the time it takes to test, most of the time it is much faster than
20 seconds.  (I remember when 3 to 5 minutes was as fast as you could test,
so look on the bright side, 20 seconds is not all that bad).
I like my meter and would recommend it to anyone and have many times.  The
accuracy is the same as all the others I've tried and compared it with.  I
just wish I could afford the Tracker, that palm pilot and its abilities
would surely help me alot and make my Endo much happier, as I can never
remember to write down what I should.