[IP] Re: lack of phone service and diabetes

Hi, folks -

Be advised:  use your disease to get results if you have to.

I arrived home from work on Friday evening to find that my phone was dead.
Kaput.  Nothing.  When I called the phone company from my cell phone (which
is a very unreliable old model with a weak signal) I was told they would
not come out until Monday to repair it.  I was dismayed but thought I had
no recourse.  I do live alone and do NOT like the idea of being without a
phone.  Like I said, the cell phone is not dependable.

When the repairman had not arrived at my apartment by 2:30 on Monday
afternoon, I became annoyed and called the rapair number again, this time
mentioning that I have medical problems and can NOT be without a phone.  To
my surprise, the woman immediately said:  "oh, ma'am, if you'd told us you
were a diabetic (and I am not touching that thread)  when you called Friday
evening, we would have come out to fix your phone on Saturday morning!  I'm
so sorry!"

It seems obvious to me now, but I would not have thought to mention my
disease. So be aware that having diabetes CAN be useful in certain

Best wishes,
who thankfully DOES have her phone service back