Re: [IP] Cannot play football?

Dear Mr. Kinsley,

    I am unable to play football because of the duration of the practices. I could go for 4 or more hours disconnected from the pump while at practice. While I could do injections, it would be difficult because the practice fields are in poor shape so I get really dirty and grimy, giving me concern about infections. What's more, I had played for about six years as a lineman so my abdomen is in constant contact with someone else's hand, shoulder, etc. There was a real danger of the site being yanked out so my endo recommended against playing. As for lacrosse, I play goalie so my only concern is from getting hit with the ball so I can disconnect and the site fits safely under my chest protector. Thanks for the email and I'm sorry you were unable to play football. It was a really good time and I wanted to play but decided to go with my endo's recommendation. I look forward to talking to you in the future.

    Brendan McGurk