[IP] Re: advice for job interview that includes lunch

I do not believe my choice not to reveal part of my medical history during an
interview is dishonest. Frankly, it is nobody's business until they hire me.
I don't like risking being judged by a medical condition that a prospective
employer may or may not understand fully. I'd rather have them know after I
have an employment relationship with them and the opportunity to educate
should there be any concerns or misinformation to dispell. A job interview is
too short a time to have that opportunity.
As another poster suggested, it is too bad that I feel I have to take this
stance. But it is for my own protection. I would love to be able to not worry
and just be open about my diabetes all of the time. That would be my true
personality. But through experience I have learned to be more realistic
rather than idealistic.
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02