[IP] Re: aspartame and science, etc.

For those who want citations of scientific evidence of side effects of
aspartame, I will go a step further.  Go to:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi and do a search on aspartame.
You will find hundreds of studies that have varying statements regarding
aspartame from both sides.

One interesting thing I did find, which doesn't say that aspartame causes
memory loss, but could be a reason why aspartame APPEARS to cause memory
loss...at least two different studies researched the affects of glucose on
memory.  The two I saw compared glucose consumption with aspartame
consumption.  Those who had glucose had a marked improvement in memory.  The
conclusion of the study apparently was that glucose increases memory
performance.  This would explain why those who consume a lot of aspartame
might experience memory problems...possibly NOT due to the consumption of
aspartame, but rather, due to the LACK of consumption of glucose as a

On the other hand, the possible conclusion isn't mentioned (at least, not in
the synopse) that the reason there is a difference could be NOT that glucose
causes GREATER memory performance...but that the aspartame used as the
"control" was causing memory problems.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, because the end result is the
same...less memory performance when using aspartame INSTEAD Of glucose.