re: [IP] More on sweeteners, science, and . . .

Just an FYI & an anecdotal story for you to mull...

Ever since I stopped using any product containing
aspartame approximately six (6) years ago, I have
stopped making my every three month trip to the
emergency trip for treatment of uncontrollable
vomiting and diarrhea.  I had every test my MD could
think of to order:  sprew's (celiac), upper GI, lower
GI, consideration of gastroparesis, food elimination,
ad nauseum (puns intended).

Note:  I do not have phenolketonuria (sp??).

Someone at my office suggested I try eliminating
artificial sweeteners from my diet.  So I did
(aspartame was the only one I used) and voila! - no
more trips to the ER.  Only once did I eat something I
didn't check the label first and bam! I was sicker
than a dog again.  Only AFTERWARD did I think to look
at the label.

Everyone's mileage may vary - but for me that was the
ticket, scientific evidence or not.  I just do what

-gail in denver

Just for the record, I don't know of any first rate
medical journals that work peer reveiw that way.  It's
actually the other way round, i.e, the authors don't
know the reviewers.  But I agree that there's no
scientific evidence that aspartame in diet drinks is
bad for humans.  Some people just aren't happy unless
there are gremlins to worry about.
- -wayne

Do you Yahoo!?