[IP] Pumpers Meeting--San Jose, California

 The monthly gathering of the Bay Area pumpers, family and friends is
scheduled for Tuesday night (October 15) in San Jose at the Diabetes
Society of Santa Clara Valley.  All pumpers, prospective pumpers, family
members, friends and anyone else interested in pumping is welcome to
attend and you do not need to be a member of the Diabetes Society.  Alice
Orth, who is an RN and CDE, will be our moderator and the topic for the
meeting will be a discussion about what I call the 'mechanics' of
pumping.  Specifically, we will be trading ideas about insertion sets,
site rotation, skin preparation, length of time between changes, etc.
I think everyone has much to say and share about this part of pumping.
W! e could address such questions as the following:

                   Why do you favor one insertion set over the others?
                   Do you use an inserter?  Why or why not?
                   How often do you change your sets?
              ! ;
                   How often do you have a bad set? How do you determine
                   that for sure?  What do you do?

                   Do you use anything to help keep the sets on your

                   Do you ever have a set come off between set changes?
                   What strange and/or funny things have happened with
                   the mechanics of pumping during your pumping

                   Think about these ideas and we should have some
                   interesting things to share.

We are a diverse, friendly group and we always have fun while at the same
time learning new things about pumping.  Meeting details are as follows:

    When: 7 to 8:30 PM, Tuesday October 15
    Where: Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley
                 The office is located in the Willow Glen area
                 just south of downtown San Jose, in the
                 renovated Garden Theater building at:

                 1165 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 300
                 San Jose CA 95125
                 Phone: (408) 287-3785

There is free parking at the rear of the building.  Enter the building
from the front or rear and take the elevator to the third floor.  Turn
left out of the elevator and the Diabetes Society is just ahead on the

If you have any questions or need to know more, please contact me.

Bob Goodman