[IP] Re: cortisone shots/for frozen shoulder

In a message dated 10/14/02 email @ redacted writes:

<< anyone have this   (cortisone injection)
done, did your bs stay high for days, or just the day. >>

I had 3 cortisone injections into trigger fingers last Tuesday, and was using
190% of my basal and 3 times my bolus until Sunday, with pretty close to
normal readings after the first day (when I had a hard time keeping it under
200, even with extra boluses as well as a couple of injections).  Sunday
afternoon and evening I was able to go back to normal dosage, but during the
night my insulin need increased again, and has stayed high again all day
today (Monday).  I hadn't had any injections in years, but had had a lot of
them in shoulders, fingers, and wrists during the 80s and early 90s
(pre-pump).  My memory is that the first time, I did not have a big change in
insulin need, but later injections required me to increase 40-50% for about 2
weeks.  So it is not affecting me the same way it used to -- don't know if it
is a difference in the injection ingredients or technique, other things that
are going on, or a difference in me.

Linda Z