[IP] Aspartame & memory loss

>Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:07:36 -0400
>From: Ryan Bruner <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IP] Arsenic in Diet drinks?

>There are several KNOWN
>side-effects of aspartame, some more serious than others.  I had a
>friend who did a research project on the affects of aspartame, and his
>results were certainly eye-opening.

I really don't mean to be a jerk - I just sound like one.

Are any of this "KNOWN" side effects published in peer-reviewed medical
journals?  Can I have the references?  Only downside I was aware of (I don't
have a reference either but if someone requests one I can look) to aspartame
was that it degrades into methanol with time (and that those with
phenylketonuria need to avoid it).