Re: [IP] meter readings

<email @ redacted> wrote:

> also don't forget that the meter companies ACCEPT a variance of 20% from
> to test!

Well . . . it's the FDA that accepts that variability.  The manufacturers
would probably be happy with a larger range if they were allowed.  That +/-
20% is an approximation of the allowable variation from the standard
moderate complexity lab test.  The actual requirement is that tests be
within 5% of the lab standard 50% of the time.  This is true for *all*
personal BG meters.

Jim Handsfield