[IP] chlorhexidine question

Peridex, the most common brand name is effective against many of the oral
bacteria which cause periodontal disease. I think it's a great preventative
for a person with diabetes to use, since there is a greatly increased risk of
perio disease with diabetes.  I suggest my patients dip their toothbrushes in
a small cup of chlorhexidine and then brush carefully around the gingiva.  I
have some concern about continuous usage, since I have not seen research
about long term usage (it might be out there and I've missed it) but I have
my patients take regular breaks, like use it one month then take the next
month off.
I would imagine you dentist who prescribed the peridex gave you some
instructions, and  your best bet is to stick with his/her instructions.
Peridex works best with regular cleaning appointment and very careful home
Good luck
Molly Walsh