[IP] Changing Jobs - Preexisting coverage question

With my health insurance, there can't be a lapse for longer than 63 days,
then they will credit your prior health coverage period towards the 12-month
waiting period (don't know if this is the standard)...

Can you COBRA your old health insurance until your new picks up? It may be
worth it...

I'm going to be switching jobs shortly and I have a question about the
preexisting coverage rules regarding any lapses in coverage..

What is determined to be a laspe in coverage significant enough to
someone from being able to get covered under the new employers policy?