[IP] Re: advice for job interview that includes lunch?

I think business lunches, whether for interviews or other purposes, are
pretty commonplace these days. I've gone to lunch for part of at least two
interviews in the past (I was on shots with NPH and fixed carb counts). I
don't think business lunches are suspicious activity.
Of course it can open you up to criticism that has nothing to do with the
job, that's why I posted in the first place. I think the suggestions of going
to the restroom to bolus are great and I will do that.
In this case, I think the lunch has to do with the casual nature of the
employer. I think she wants the interview to be more like a meeting to chat
rather than something more formal. And that could be a good thing.
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02

In a message dated 10/14/02 7:14:16 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Deanna wrote, in part:
>>I have a job interview Tuesday that includes lunch. >>

Some very good replies have come forth, so I'll not add to those, however,
isn't lunch for an interview a little unusual? What are they looking for? I
have heard of either JC Penney or Mr. Hershey who took prospects to lunch
and observed their *habits*. If someone grabbed the salt shaker before
tasting anything, no job! That meant they made rash judgments before gaining
the facts.

IOW, the meal is probably part of the interview. (~_^) >>