Re: [IP] cortisone shots/for frozen shoulder

> Hi, i have frozen shoulder also known as adhesive capulitus. i have
> been going to physical therapy, which makes my range of motion much
> better. my orthopedic dr, who is a highly recommended doctor,
> suggested i get the shot for the pain i still have.

The shot is not for pain. Cortisone will cause a lot of loosening of
the shoulder and a large decrease in any inflamation that remains.
I've had three of them in on of my sholders. The immediate reaction
is a tinny taste in your mouth followed  by 2-3 days of the sholder
feeling a little "weird". The best I can describe it is that it just
feels kind of loose. Stretching and movement of the sholder at this
point is a bit easier and most of the effects hang on long after the
cortisone is long gone. Of the three shots, not all seemed as
effective, but they all helped some. Side effects may include some
very strange bg's for a few days.