Re: [IP] carb/ratios??? - lowfat milk

In a message dated 10/14/2002 9:14:43 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> From my understanding, children should not be using low-fat milk - they
> need
> the fat to develop their brains. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can have
> some input here. Children need the best nutrition while growing. (~_^)

our son's pediatrician told us he only needed whole milk between ages 1 and 2
after that it was our choice what to give him.  A lot of children have
problems with high cholesterol.  We give our son skim milk.
Again, this is only what our ped told us in KC.
NOT a pro or con against any other kind of milk.

Faith and sweetie pie, the mighty blue dtron
diabetic 21+ years and happy to be here