[IP] Re: The Way It Is

I find both these posts sad, disturbing and unfeeling.

The original writer wrenched my heart - such a lot of courage;  strength
in the face of what must feel like insurmountable obstacles.  Trying so
hard and encountering these responses.

I hope the original writer will not give up - humanity needs his
strength and he needs those of us who are rich, with problem-solving
brain power, to open our hearts and help.

I am a Canadian, unfamiliar with the "ins and outs" of American health
care.  Not much help,  I'm afraid.

I wondered if the president of your pump company might help with
supplies;  if your insulin manufacturer might help with insulin;  if
your meter company would help with test strips.

  My "wondering" has "family roots".  Years, and years, ago my mom was
very, very ill with rheumatoid arthritis.  Bedridden.  My family was
struggling to make ends meet and my mother's meds  meant we didn't have
enough money for food.  We were a very "proud" family;  we worked hard.

  It took a great deal of courage for my dad "to beg".  My dad wrote to
the "bufferin" company, explained our situation, and they generously
sent us 500 plus bufferin every month, until my mom died.

We really appreciated the help and it meant we had a little more money
for food.

The prescription drug folk were not as generous.  Our local "Lions Club"
donated a wheel chair  - it was such a great gift for our family.

Hope this may help, a little.
Nancy
.