Re: [IP] carb/ratios???

I want to know all I can before

>I confront my endo and tell him how this IS going to work for us.

Dear Sami,

I'm not sure how to answer your question because we used humilin N and
humalog, pre pump.  Jessy was getting the humilin N (she was up to 15
units in the morning) and again at night, 2 units.  We were basing her
humalog on her carb ratio befor we started pumping.  We use one unit of
insulin for every 15 grams of carbs.  We started her out on a 0.4 basal
rate around the clock, watched what happened, and now we use 0.5 and o.4
at different times.  Our endo came up with the basal rates themselves
based on her weight and the amount of insulin she was using.  If I were
you, I would start counting carbs now.  I would find out from your endo
what a good ratio for Quincy would be, and start keeping track of how
many carbs he is eating at meals and snacks (that is what we did, and it
helped A LOT)  Good job with keeping the records, that comes in handy
later on when you want to see what foods send him higher or lower
(patterns, etc.)

P.S.  Jessy was still honeymooning when she started on the pump, too.

(1)non diab.