Re: [IP] Arsenic in Diet drinks?

On 10/13/02 8:38 PM, "Sam" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> At 06:15 PM 10/13/2002 email @ redacted wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>   I have a question that I hope someone here knows something about.  My
>> Mother just called me to tell me that a friend of hers who is diabetic has
>> been very sick with Aresenic poisoning.  The doctor is telling her she got
>> the poisoning from diet drinks & imitation sugar.  I have never heard of
>> anything like this & thought maybe someone here would know.
> This is based on a lot of scare talk, that as far as I can tell, is not
> based on any scientific evidence whatsoever. It's mainly aimed at drinks
> sweetened with aspartame (Equal). The poison they normally cite is
> formaldehyde not arsenic, though.

Not scientific?   Well that's not what Betty Martini (or whatever a/k/a
she's using now) says in her Anti-Monsanto books.   That and aspertame
creates formaldehyde, another carcinogen.  But don't worry about it, the
brain tumors will get you before the poison will!   Just pay for your book
up front ands Betty will be happy!

(who wondered why they got rid of cyclamates when it would take me 356 cans
of Diet Pepsi a day before I got my cancer like the mice did)
PS:  There is NO link to this book at IP and there never will be.   :>)