[IP] carb/ratios???

----- Original Message -----
From: Samantha & Charles Ritter
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 5:17 PM
To: email @ redacted; CWD
Subject: carb/ratios???

Hi all,
Okay this is probably going to sound really dumb but here goes......I want to
start getting really ready for when we go in and talk to our Endo on Nov 11th
to talk about Quincy getting on the Cozmo.  Right now he is 6 years old using
MDI and has had D for 1 1/2 years.  He is still honeymooning so he gets 8
units each morning of Lente plus 1-2 units of Humalog depending on what his am
bs# is,  then at lunch and dinner same thing....1-2 maybe 3 units of Humalog
depending on what his bs # is at those meals.  Then he gets a snack and off to
bed.  No night time insulin.  So my question is.....  To start practicing his
carb-ratio stuff how would I figure out how much to give him??  bolus? basal?
Some days he needs just an AM shot other days he needs AM, lunch and a dinner.
So Im confused as to how to base everything.  I want to know all I can before
I confront my endo and tell him how this IS going to work for us.  I keep very
good log book s now of all Quincy's bs readings, activity, highs, lows...you
name it.  anything else I should be doing?  SO many things to do to prepare
myself!!!  I still need to learn how to carb count more as well as we don't
have to do that either for Quincy.
Thanks so much in advance....
Sami   mom to Quincy  Dx 02/02  6yrs old.
My Little Hero!!

"I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay"
~Dave Matthews Band~

See our web page....