[IP] Arsenic in Diet drinks?

Hi there,
  I have a question that I hope someone here knows something about.  My
Mother just called me to tell me that a friend of hers who is diabetic has
been very sick with Aresenic poisoning.  The doctor is telling her she got
the poisoning from diet drinks & imitation sugar.  I have never heard of
anything like this & thought maybe someone here would know.  My daughter & I
both drink alot of diet Pepsi.  I also buy alot of artificially sweetened
things for my diabetic daughter.  I just want to make sure we are safe from
  If this is something you have already discussed I appologize.

Kim...........Mom of Ashley 11 yrs old(diabetic for 6 years & pumping 9-24-01)
Check out our Diabetes site