Re: [IP] What is a lancet change day

>>Subject: [IP] What is a lancet change day

In over 30 years of having Type 1, and almost 20 years
of having a blood sugar meter - I have changed that
little lancet thing-a-ma-bob maybe 20 times.  MAYBE
that many times.

I know it's time to change it when I have to adjust
the depth of penetration to the highest setting.  Even
then it takes me a couple of weeks or months to get
around to looking for those little things that lurk in
the bottom of my underwear drawer.

I also change it when I get paranoid about my son
going to the bathroom 4 or 5 times an evening - so I
test his BG with a new one.

I have boxes and boxes of those things that I've had
since I finished undergrad in 1983!  Any one want some
more for their collection?

I see no reason to bother with putting a new lancet in
every time or every other time or even once a month.
It's just one more thing to put in the non-existent
sharp's container and one more thing to throw away.
I'm cutting back on landfill material!  (One of those
things that I worry about other than my diabetes).

And when the technology catches up so my insulin won't
freeze on Mt. Everest - I'll be darned if I'm going to
lug extra ones up there to throw away too! :-)

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

What is this?  Are you talking about the little lancet
in the thing you check blood sugars with?  I saw a
post about this a couple months ago.  YOu all were
talking about how often you change the lancet.  These
little things are the most inexpensive part of
diabetic supplies - don't you all change it almost
every time you check blood sugars?  Some of you talked
like you used it for months.  Are we talking about the
same thing here?  Tammy <<

Do you Yahoo!?