[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #694

>Re: [IP] The Way It Is

I just loved your story, partly because it is so very true and partly
because I have been there, am there and will probably be there from time to
time before I die(unless I win the lottery, LOL, I don't even gamble or play
the lottery, I can't afford it)  I'm uninsured, unemployed and one of those
people who are told "we don't help people like you", by the powers that be.
However, I have learned through my trials and tribulations that both Eli
Lilly (Humilog) and Squibb (Novolog) have patient assistance programs
available that allow them to send you some free insulin, if you need, just
ask your Dr for the forms, it takes between 2 weeks and 1 1/2 months to get
your insulin, depending on which company's insulin you use.  The ADA is not
much help, they say they don't usually help charity cases, but contact them
anyway, because if the have received any donations or had a class or
training seminar, they sometimes have extra supplies or meds that they will
pass on to you.  Ask you Dr and/or CDE for help, they get samples (both meds
and supplies) from their reps all the time and some Drs will even ask for
extras if they have a patient(s) that need help, this can even includes the
test strips.  And last but not least, some people on this IP came to my
rescue late spring/early summer and sent me some supplies, which I am so
thankful for and God bless all those who could help, so, I have some
supplies I could possibly help you out with, if you want!  If so, please
email me.
I hope some or all of this helps, Good luck!