[IP] Re: Ant & Grasshopper

On 10/12/02 3:01 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> I find this post absolutely disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!
> Totally out of line.                Ellie

Maybe for you this is out of line. But to others who have known first hand
the frustration and pain of trying to 'Be Good" -(for lack of a better
term)-; to work, contribute to society and pay taxes....but then getting a
kick in the teeth with no medical help 'Because you earn too much' has got
to get heavy on the heart. What exactly is "too Much"? Well, apparently you
make enough to stay off Soc. Security rosters, but you must then decide what
bills can be skipped this month so you can afford the meds you need. Many
folks I have met and heard of pay over $2,000.00 a MONTH for their meds.
Debts mounting, they struggle everyday.

You make too much when you're told "Sorry! You can't get help because you
earn $50.00 over the requirements. $50.00 wouldn't pay for a proper month's
supply of BG strips with many of the uninsured! Doctor Visit? What's THAT? I
was uninsured for three years going without the Doctor visits and had to
take the dole (SSI) to get the medical coverage.

This poster who did the modern version/old version of the fable is
apparently very hurt and angry.  Try to understand this. We have all sorts
of brilliant programs if....IF.....you 'fit' the criteria. This person
apparently wants to work and earn their keep and most likely, they feel
persecuted for doing so.

You can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think.
Jenny Sutherland