Re: [IP] Doggy-betics

usually give him 2 shots of NPH per day.

Well, I was setting out my stuff to fill cartridges for my pump.  This
I got Novolog Penfill carts as my CDE didn't have the usual vials.  As
insurance won't cover Novolog, she gives me Novolog and I give her the
Humalog, which  my insurance DOES pay for.  I use these cartridges
with NPH- for the dog's NovoPen.

So, here's everything set up for a cartridge filling session and this
little, black Pommie comes over, his whole backside wagging to h*** and
back, and he is whining.  He is happier than heck thinking it is shot
for him!

I'll let you visualize the crestfallen look when I said: "This is for
'betics, not doggy betics......" I put the filled cartridges away and
looked at me like "Thanks for nuthin'!"..... HE gets HIS shot in a
while.  Bless his little heart!

- --Mean ol' Pommy Mommy...!>>>>>>>>>>>>>

bless his little heart indeed! my late golden retriever, God rest his doggy soul, had to have
weekly cortisone shots and, while he submitted to them calmly enough, he'd whine softly and you
could almost see the tears running down his cheeks when the needle went in. it just about broke my
heart. he also had an extreme case of vet phobia, again, b/c of needles. i wonder why yur dog
likes his shots so much... maybe he knows that they will make him feel better? would that i had
such a good attitude =)

Do you Yahoo!?