Re: [IP] advice for saline trial/insulin delivery

On 10/12/02 1:55 PM, "Steve Schmidt" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I will check my schedule next week (on Monday) and see which day works best
> and then we're set to go. Brenda said she would like to find ANY info on it
> (she can't seem to find anything to show it being safe or not) and if it's
> safe enough in her opinion, then we could do it (insulin through the site).
> Steve

Steve, yes it can be done.  Depending on the type of set that you use, you
may have to be careful to not penetrate the infusion tubing if it is a
Tender/Comfort/Sil   But giving injections through the infusion set is a
typical practice for those whose pumps develop troubles.