Re: [IP] Starting on the pump

When I started on the pump after a two year break I was worried about getting
low when I was out driving ... still am. Here is my solution. I carry juice
boxes in my purse, in my car as well as glucose tabs. I test before I get in
the car (such a pain, but I have caught lows thankfully before I was on the
road) and if I am in the car for a while I test while driving. I have the One
Touch Ultra so I test at stop lights ... its great because I get my number
while either still stopped or just as the light turns green. The key to all
this is test often. Just like my Mom and the thousand's of moms of diabetics
you are going to worry. That is natural. It just shows your love. Everyone
figures out what works best for them. I have tested myself while at stop
lights and have been in the 70s so I now to take out the juice (works better
for me then to glucose tabs) and stop to make sure I don't drop any lower.
Best of Luck,

dxd age 7 1988 pump 1992-2000 506/507   paradigm 8/12/02