[IP] The Way It Is

     Hi All,

    I've always been one who saw the glass as "half full".... you know the
old saying. That was until yesterday when I learned that my willingness to
still work two jobs rather than collect a check every month makes me
ineligible for help from the state I live in Re: Medical expenses. Some of
you must know what it is to be "uninsurable". You know...... when every
damn thing that's wrong with you is one of those dreaded "pre-existing
conditions". Diabetic 30 years, 16 different meds, on dialysis, significant
vision loss, ALL the complications (well no... I do still have both feet).
I just can't afford it anymore. Not if I want to eat AND not live under a
bridge. sO, the first thing to go will be my new pump THAT I PAID OUT OF
POCKET FOR. Here is THE WAY IT IS:

ORIGINAL VERSION:
      The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long,
building his house and laying in supplies for the winter. The
grasshopper
thinks the  ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer
away.

Come winter,  the  ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food
or
shelter, so he  dies out in the cold.

  MODERN VERSION:

   The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long,
building his house and laying in supplies
   for the winter. The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and
laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

  Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and
demands  to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well-fed
while others are cold and starving.CBS, NBC and ABC show up to provide
pictures
of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his
comfortable
home  with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp
contrast.  How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor
grasshopper
is allowed to suffer so?

  Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody
cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy Being Green."

  Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house,
where the  news stations film the group singing, "We shall overcome."
Jesse then has  the group kneel down to pray to God for the
grasshopper's
sake.

  Al Gore exclaims in an interview with Peter Jennings that the ant has
  gotten  rich off the back of the grasshopper, and calls for an
immediate
tax hike on  the ant to make him pay his "fair share."

  Finally, the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper
Act," retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for
failing to  hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having
nothing
left to pay  his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the
government.

  Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a
defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel
of
Federal  judges who were appointed from a list of single parent welfare
recipients.  The ant loses the case.

  The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits
of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just
happens
to be  the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't
maintain
it. The ant has disappeared in the snow. The grasshopper is found dead in
  drug-related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by
gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

  God Bless America