In a message dated 10/10/2002 8:54:00 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Pumps are very personal, close friends and we can really start another *pump
> war* and cite the *bad* things about the other pumps that we do not use. ;)
> However, the choice must be yours and here is where you can research for
> your needs as they are different than others':
> http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/insulin_pump_models.php
> http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/insulinpumps.php
> Just like the car you drive is a different choice than even, say, your
> friends' or relatives', so will your pump choice. (~_^)

You can also contact the various pump companies (see the Insulin Pumpers web
site for phone #s & web sites) and ask them to send you their standard
package which will provide you with a lot information on pumping in general
and the specifics of each companies' pumps (usually written literature and a
video).  They can also get you in contact with their local pump rep who can
demonstrate the actual pump, let you play with one, and even arrange for you
to try out their pump (pumping saline instead of insulin).  A saline trial is
a great opportunity to really see how you like each pump's operations and
mechanics (things like filling/.changing insulin cartridges etc.).  They are
all good pumps (don't get FDA approval if they're not) but they each offer
different combinations of features  -- so picking a pump really does have to
be an individual choice based on your needs and preferences . . . Good luck!

Pumpmama to Katie (12) happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis" since