[IP] Being Discouraged

I don't know it this will help, but I had a similar problem for years.
 My largest basal being one to cover my dawn phenomenon.  I realized,
after joining this list and trying many things, that it was due to my
disconnect for my morning shower on the days I work.  On weekends, I
don't always shower as soon as I wake.  I do take much more insulin than
you, but the effect should still be the same.  Do you bolus for the
missed insulin after a shower?  If not, try it and see what happens.  It
straightened all my problems out.  HTH