Re: [IP] Causing your own Hypo

On 10/11/02 8:37 AM, "peggy a oberg" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> <Bolused for a frozen dinner but unable to eat most of the dinner.>
> I was taught by my CDE to bolus immediately after eating for
> what I *did* eat, not before the meal for what I thought I *would* eat.
> Is there disagreement with this approach?

Not really a disagreement, but YMMV.  I need a bolus to be pre-meal in order
to keep up with my "carbohydrate sensitivity".   Others MAY need it
post-meal to deal with their "insulin sensitivity", or their Gastro Paresis.
Just like everyone has a favorite make of pump, we each have our own ways of
bolusing.   Whatever WORKS for you is what is important and your method
cannot be criticized.        :>)