Pitching a fit sounds like a nice option!  Regardless as to how well (or not
well) you control your diabetes, you should still be entitled to medical
care that is not value laden with a bunch of garbage about being under
control, compliant or whatever buzz words docs like to use.

My NP wanted better control before I got referred to a pump doctor. I
brought it up with the doctor and he said the way for better control for me
now would be a pump.  I got my referral!

(the diabetic)