[IP] Boca Raton, Florida - support - October 30, 2002

THE DIABETES RESEARCH INSTITUTE

            University of Miami Medical School
                Invites you to the
 INSULIN PUMP SUPPORT GROUPb&
FOR PUMPERS AND WOULD-BE PUMPERS AND THEIR FAMILIES

Time: October 30, 2002, 7:00,Wednesday (purposely freeing you up for
Halloween)
Place: Whitehall Nursing Home
    Boca Raton

Welcome back to a year filled with new goals and rewards, along with
gratitude and appreciation for what we have and for all that we do. It is
also the season to laugh a lot as well as consider flu vaccinations..Please
check with your doctors. (Who, me give advice?)

Please come with all the moaning and sharing and issues and topics you need
to get you on to healthy and happy habits. Feel free to come and brag about
what you have been doing well, too; it's reinforcing for you and inspiring
for others.

We need some perspective on life with these difficult times Here are some
thoughts by Sylvia Boorstein, a practicing Jew, Buddhist, psychologist and
author of Funny, you don't look Buddhist. She suggests that we "Lighten the
mind and heart" through a spiritual attitude about living our lives (beyond
religion and meditation.) She encourages us to:
 Perform 5 acts of generosity each day (making your world and others a better
place; not so hardb&maybe giving a call to someone whom you know is
depressed,
smiling at a mother whose baby is crying loudly, let someone get ahead of you
in a store)
 Don't get stuck on why (move to what do I do now)
 Use humor to cultivate patience
 Remember that everything changes (including sadness) and savor the moment.

Look forward to seeing you at the meeting!(s)b& Dr. Wendy Satin Rapaport,
clinical psychologist, facilitates the group and you can reach her at
561-4778595 if you have any questions.