Re: [IP] Re: Diabetic vs. Diabetes

Deanna wrote:  "I don't want it to end....it's like a car crash on the
freeway ya know? I can't wait to see what the next  person comes up with..."

Maybe I have a slightly different angle:  in 26 years, the name of my
disease has changed from "childhood diabetes" and "juvenile diabetes" to
Type I to IDDM with a few other variations thrown in--who is being paid to
make these name changes (and why isn't it me?) and why hasn't my health
improved once as a result?? <:~)

I'm kidding, somewhat, I do understand the changing of labels to keep up
with PC rules and to better define things for outsiders, but wouldn't it be
more fun if the name changes actually reflected drastic improvements in our
prognoses:  "Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm a recovering
childhood/juvenile/Type 1/IDDM diabetic..."  <:~)