[IP] RE: "a diabetic" vs. "diabetic"

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:32:45 -0400
From: "engsea" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] RE: "a diabetic" vs. "diabetic"

I had previously written:  Just be aware that there are those of us that
view you as having less creditability because you use (in my opinion)
outmoded terminology.

>I take offense to your post.  I am not less credible than you nor do I lack
>knowledge or expertise of the English language.

Dal (and several others offended at my remarks),

However much you may wish it otherwise your credibility is determined by
your listeners and readers.   Not by blanket statements. Please look
critically at the books, magazines, authors or even posters that you
respect.  Do they use diabetic as a noun? The sad truth is that every time
we write or open our mouths our audience is judging us.  How we say
something carries as much (or often more) weigh as what we say.