Re: [IP] Attendance at school.

My daughter homeschools her daughter dx'd 9-15-01.  She had same problems you're having.  Their health is more important than their education.  Diabetes is hard enough to control at home - it's beyond most school's capability, in my opinion, in the longterm. They can socialize anywhere, anytime - this is not limited to the school setting.   The puberty thing is different for everyone.  I think it's not uncommon for a lot of boys to not begin puberty until 10th grade.  Good luck.  Tammy

In a message dated 10/8/2002 2:03:58 AM Eastern Standard Time, FentonPumper writes:

> So,  (sorry so long)  here is the question,  how many of  your children,
> or you personally when younger,  had difficulties with attending school?
> Hubby is afraid we are setting him up for failure as an adult!    We're on
> the verge of giving up on the system and homeschooling until high school,
> though I hate to give up.   He has no friends near our home except girls.
> He needs to socially interact with his peers at school.
> So, are we
> the unusual case?   Or, do/have some of you dealt with this?

Tammy, mom to Joely, dx'd 1970; g-ma to Emma, dx'd 2001; both pumping 7-18-02